One of the cool training tools you’ll discover on the new Vision Fitness® Touch console is the training calendar. For many, starting a fitness routine is not the difficult part; most often it is maintaining your program that is the challenge.
Why? Typically, it has to do with personal motivation (or lack thereof) and not being able to see results. If you can’t see your initial progress, it can be discouraging and cause you to give up on your program. The Vision training calendar is an easy to use tool designed to keep you motivated and allow you to see your progress.
Using your own personal user profile, the Touch console will keep track of various pieces of information that are important to you and will motivate you to keep going. Here is a quick guide to getting started with your calendar. Please note that you will need to create your own USER PROFILE to fully engage in the benefits of the workout calendar.
- From the home screen, press USER INFO and select a user from the list on the left. (The calendar can track as many as five users.)
- Now press the CALENDAR BUTTON on the right.
- SAVED WORKOUTS will be displayed by an asterisk (*) on the day they were saved.
- Press the * to select that day. A WORKOUT SUMMARY window will appear to the right of the CALENDAR. Press START to begin using the selected SAVED WORKOUT again.
- Use the arrow keys (< January >) at the top of the workout calendar to scroll between months.
- You can view the workout summary for each day and each week by touching the number of the week shown on the left-hand side of the calendar (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
- If there is more than one workout, this will be indicated by arrow keys and the number of workouts (< 1 of 3 >) at the top of the workout summary. Use the arrow keys to scroll between the workouts.
- The WORKOUT SUMMARY shows you the date and time of day of the workout, distance, time, pace and calories burned. To view a detailed summary, simply touch the WORKOUT SUMMARY box. On this screen you will find your workout averages (labeled WORKOUT DATA) and individual STAGE averages.
So where does the motivation come into play? Your motivation kicks in when you compare current results to past results and see improvement! You can choose to view your results on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis. Now THAT’S motivation!
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or an avid fitness buff, the training calendar is designed to keep track of your personal information and show you the path to your own success.